Senior Sales Engineer - Western US/Canada
Redline Communications, the global leader in wireless solutions for Industrial Applications, is looking for talented, versatile and committed people who are interested in a career in broadband wireless communications. Candidates should share our passion for transforming challenging situations into opportunities, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoy meeting and working with new people. Redline is seeking team players with a commitment to excellent client service coupled with proven communications skills.
The ideal Redline Senior Sales Engineer has a very strong proven RF technical background, is a salesman, and a marketer all in one. It is imperative to leverage these three key skills to qualify opportunities, effectively consult and guide customers during their discovery phase, assist with the installations of POCs, and provide some technical support post sales as required. Further to this, Redline’s sales engineers with their vast knowledge are key evangelists and marketers assisting in crafting case studies, whitepapers, presentations, and other marketing collateral to be used by themselves, sales, and Redline partners.
- Provide the lead technical resource role for the territory to understand, communicate and document the engineered solution for the company’s products.
- Customer focus will be the company’s partners, resellers, consultants and end customers.
- Act as the lead technical resource to provide support to the Redline sales team and channel partners in order to qualify, document and lead the solution offering for the customers.
- Provide a leadership role for the preparation of the RFP proposals for the customer including the network design, product engineering and technical solution.
- Lead the delivery of technical customer presentations for sales opportunities.
- Install Redline products for pilots and proof of concepts
- Create marketing material for use by sales, marketing, and partners
- Evangelize Redline products at tradeshows, customer meetings, and other marketing events
- Work closely with the Redline internal teams including PLM and Marketing to identify customer case studies, requested new product features and functions.
- Provide regular training updates to the Redline certified partners and distribution channels.
Minimum Skill/Experience Requirements:
- BSEE (or Telecommunications) with a minimum of 5 years experience in the position of a sales/systems engineer for telecom and data/wireless technologies.
- Experience in the design, implementation and support of broadband and microwave wireless technologies.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Extensive travel will be required within the region – approximately 50%.
- Additional experience in the design and support of data networks including VLANs, IP, routing and SNMP is required.
Additional Skills/Experience Taken Into Consideration:
- LTE uTRAN & Core knowledge and experience desirable
- Up to 10 years experience as a Sales Engineer
- Past or current experience in a direct sales role
- Experience installing broadband wireless radios
- RF design experience
- Other networking related experience
- Understanding or experience with serial port communications, video traffic over wirless networks, layer 3 protocols, and other applications running across industrial broadband wireless networks
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter, able to work well in a team environment and has very strong organizational and customer focused skills with the ability to effectively communicate with the sales team and Redline customers/partners at all levels.
While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. "Senior Sales Engineer" in the subject line.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.
Redline Communications (www.rdlcom.com) is a leading provider of specialized broadband wireless systems used to cost-effectively deploy distributed applications and services. Redline systems are used by local and state governments to quickly and easily deploy or extend their public safety networks; by oil and gas companies to connect their digital oil fields; by service providers and enterprises to bring dedicated Internet access to business users; and by the military to rapidly deploy secure networks. For more than 10 years, Redline has been delivering powerful, versatile and reliable wireless solutions through certified partners in the Americas, the Middle East and Africa.